Nothing says December like gingerbread. I love those spicy scents as they fill up the kitchen. If you do too, chances are good that you will enjoy the flavors in my vegan holiday gingerbread pear crumble.
If you need to make a holiday dessert but don’t want to spend all day baking, this is the recipe for you. The chopped pears are spiced up and covered with a gingerbread crumble. It’s so easy you can put all the kids to work on it while you relax a bit.
What If I Don’t Like Pears?
You could use apples or asian pears. Another option is to stew some dried fruit like apricot, date, or mixed berries and use that as a filing.
Can I Make Gingerbread Pear Crumble Gluten-Free?
Just use your favorite gluten-free baking mix in place of the whole wheat flour. You also want to make sure that your rolled oats are clearly marked gluten-free.
While oats don’t contain gluten themselves they are often cross contaminated in harvest and delivery.
Holiday Gingerbread Pear Crumble From OATrageous Oatmeals
This is a wonderful way to keep your holidays healthy, and it takes less time to make than a batch of cookies. If you aren’t a huge molasses fan, you can use half the amount or even replace it with another sweetener. Depending on what you have on hand, use either apples or a combination of pears and apples.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (,(*use a gluten-free baking mix))
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 11/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cloves
- 5 cups chopped pears
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (, maple syrup, or date syrup)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C). Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with oil. (**You can also line with parchment paper or use a nonstick pan to make it oil-free.)
- Combine all of the topping ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- If your pears aren’t very sweet, add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of agave nectar and a pinch of salt.
- Spread out the pear mixture in the casserole dish.
- Crumble the gingerbread topping over the pears, then bake for 30 minutes.
More Oat Recipes to Try
- Vegan Air Fryer French Toast
- Vegan Oat Sausage Crumbles
- Harry Potter’s Mini Vegan Treacle Tarts
- Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Belgian Waffles
- Instant Pot Apple Spice Steel Cut Oats for 2
The post Holiday Gingerbread Pear Crumble appeared first on .